Friday, January 20, 2012

Blog Name

You may be wondering about the name of my blog. Well every time I start discussing character names or plotting with my family my daughter tells me that my mind is a scary place to visit. So, naturally, I thought that was an appropriate title for my blog. I don’t find my mind a scary place to visit. I consider it more like an amusement park filled with wonderful things to do and see. Not all rides at an amusement park appeal to all people; that is why they have a variety, so that everyone can find something they like.
I hope that anyone who reads my books will find something in them that they like. I understand and accept that my writing will not appeal to all people. That is okay. Just like at the amusement park, everyone is able to pick the kind of books that appeal to them most.
 So with that in mind, I write what appeals to me. I love living with the characters in my head. Some of them are so vocal that they will have books of their own very soon. Some are so vocal that they annoy me and I may never write them into a book. Others are shy and timid and will find themselves as background characters in several books, or they might be surprised to find themselves thrust into the starring role.
My mind is the way it is, and I can’t change that; which is why writing novels appeals to me on so many levels. My life’s philosophy has always been” If it’s not fun, don’t do it. Life is too short to hate what you do for a living.” Writing is not a job for me; it’s not something I have to toil at or struggle with. It is a joy. I love to write. I love to start with a small grain of idea and watch as it blossoms into a fully-fledged story. Like life, it may not always end up as I planned, but it sure was fun getting where I end up.
So welcome to the glimpses inside my scary mind. I can’t guarantee that everyone who comes inside will enjoy the sights and sounds, but I can guarantee that I will always be me. In case you’re wondering, my favorite ride at the amusement park is the carousel; big or small, I love them all. Thank you for coming on this ride with me, I hope you find your favorite ride along the way too.
And remember…
Redneck Heaven is a state of mind, and now it’s a place on earth.
http://www.marchellewallace.com/

Redneck Heaven is available…

In print:

Free Preview:

Digital exclusively for the Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment